Make Service Your Career Brand (Registration Closed)
In today’s high tech and competitive world, service is not only expected from people in service jobs but in any roles that require human interaction.
Having the relevant experience in serving others whether internally within the company and even more so with external customers, can give you a degree of advantage in whatever role you undertake.
How To Do It?
To begin, having a service mind-set can help professionals manage their career transition in a positive and assuring way.
Next, it puts professionals in a collaborative position, always seeking to be of service or ‘value-add’ either to the conversation or to the task on hand. This means you will display positive emotions naturally which in turn help to boost your confidence as you speak.
Finally, professionals who are in between jobs or planning for their next job can learn how to describe their service-related experience and also to display it without being asked.
At the end of the event, you will learn to:
- Study the career journeys of service professionals and how they get there.
- Understand the true meaning of having an effective ‘service’ mind set.
- Determine your career interests and true strengths and how can these be related to service.
- Develop a positive and interesting self-introduction that others want to listen.
- Leave good impression by showing service-oriented behaviours.
- Identify keywords to say when applying for service related job roles.
- Plan your own career journey and draft your career story.
- Use service-related terms in your conversation to highlight your strengths.
- Practice how to plant a thought or suggest ideas when opportunity arises.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is highly relevant to:
- Professionals who are employed but looking for change into service-related roles.
- Professionals who have already left their job and new to the concept of pitching for a job.
- Professionals who are not getting the right response in their existing elevator pitch
Workshops (Register for one session only)
- Make Service Your Career Brand Workshop 1- (15 Feb 2019, 9am - 5pm, Lifelong Learning Institute) - FULL
- Make Service Your Career Brand Workshop 2- (16 Feb 2019, 9am - 5pm, Lifelong Learning Institute)
- Make Service Your Career Brand Workshop 3- (18 Feb 2019, 9am - 5pm, Our Tampines Hub)
**The objective of the workshop is to equip and prepare you for the 2 days of career fair on 21 & 22 Feb 2019. The Career Fair will be held at One Tampines Hub (OTH). More information will be provided in the workshop**
**This is a Pre-Registered workshop. Strictly no-walk in is allowed**
- This event is open to Singaporeans only.
- Please dress professionally for the workshop/seminar.
- WSG reserves the right to refuse admission to participants who are not appropriately dressed.